Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nope, that's not my doppleganger, that's still me

My plans for New York City have once again changed. First, my program that was supposed to begin in November got canceled and now I have to wait until June to start training. I was still supposed to leave September 10th, now yesterday morning, I received unfortunate news that my grandma who has been battling cancer, will be leaving us soon. Hearing this news is bittersweet, as now I am certain that I can be there for my family and to be there for the funeral. I will be staying in Madison until further notice.
This just reminds me how unpredictable life can be. I am extremely grateful for the time I have spent with my grandma, one of the sweetest people I have ever known, and although it is sad, I am glad that soon she will no longer be in pain.
I hope (insh'Allah for my Muslim friends) that this will be the only sad post I write, but I figured people would want to know what's going on.

No comments: