Saturday, September 20, 2008

Flying high

Midwest airlines may tell you that they are sorry for your loss. They will be exceptionally nice to you and waive the $100 fee (but still make you pay any difference between the costs of your old and new flights). You think, gee, maybe not all airlines are awful. And then you get on the plane. And you realize you are seated in the back row, with the small, but still leather (what a plus!), seats. Without a window, of any kind, in the window seat. If I would of known there would be no window next to me, I would not have chosen the "window seat." Way to take advantage of a grieving customer, Midwest. The best part of the flight was when they announced that passengers on the left side of the plane would have an amazing view of the city. Hey, I was on the left side! Oh, wait. Boy, that view of the tan wall was pretty.
I did arrive though, safely to New York City, and am currently sitting on my sister's bed. My first adventure to make copies of Jeni's keys started off a little shaky (I went the wrong direction for several blocks then after being reoriented with a phone call to my sister, missed the locksmith and had to turn around) but I made it back! High five!
I may venture out again tonight for dinner, but otherwise this weekend I have big plans. Tomorrow I'm going to get a new bank account, ride the subway, and hopefully find myself a way to monetarily survive the next 6 months. Whether this will be by working in a store, or the streets, only time will tell...

1 comment:

hs said...

omgomgogmgomgomgogm!!!!! Regardless of the bad stuff, sounds adventurous, hope all is awesome so far :)