Tuesday, January 19, 2010

25 Completely Selfish Things I Want to Do

Lately I've been trying to be more spontaneous. If I had the resources, these are some things I would like to do for me, just because they sound like fun or desire to do because I find them difficult. Real deep, I know.

1. Move to London and travel through Europe while living there
But I refuse to stay in a hostel after those movies, so this may prove rather expensive. I also love accents.

2. Run a marathon
True, I hate to run, but I just really want to be able to say "I did that."

3. Climb a mountain while visiting Africa
What can I say, I'm a multi-tasker.

4. Eat my way through India and the Middle East
This could be my best (and most delicious idea) yet.

5. Roadtrip across the US in an RV
"Road Rules" style but with my friends instead of those obnoxious strangers.

6. Go on "The Price is Right"
I know Bob Barker won't be there and he's the man, but it'd still be pretty cool, especially if I won something.

7. Watch "Saturday Night Live," live
Even though it hasn't been too funny lately, but I'm sure it's better live anyways.

8. Surf in Hawaii
"Blue Crush" is one of my guilty (yet somehow I am not embarrassed by this) pleasures.

9. Own a boat
My parents had one before I was born, until one of them left the plug out and it sunk. I still think that's one of the reasons they divorced.

10. Finally learn how to play euchre
People have seriously tried numerous times, I just haven't gotten it (could be because of my own resistance, but I really want to this time, I swear).

11. Write a short story that isn't based off of an episode of "Doogie Howser, MD" or a poem that doesn't rhyme
I did this more than the average person should, just see the poem below :)

12. Get myself in a magazine under the what not to wear section, and if I can get myself on the show, all the better
I've been trying for years, as you can probably tell.

13. Try snowboarding
I have horrible balance and small feet, that's probably a good combo for this, right?

14. Skydive
I hate heights and would probably pee my pants, but I really want to try it.

15. Learn to cook biryani
So I can eat it whenever I want.

16. Sit through a whole movie without talking once
If you think this wouldn't be that hard, you must not know me very well.

17. Ride a horse
I'm not too fond of this animal, but I'd give it a shot, once.

18. Learn how to sail
Ever since I rode a sailboat at midnight during college, I've been intrigued

19. Learn to sign my name without it looking like a fourth grader has stolen my identity
Seriously, it looks like how they teach you when you have to write between the lines.

20. Scuba dive at a ship wreck
How awesome would that be?

21. Take a ride on the Magic School Bus
I'm still working out the details on this one.

22. Bungee Jump
But only over water bc then if it snaps, I figure I have a better chance of surviving

23. Punch David Caruso (from CSI Miami) in the face while he's wearing his sunglasses
Now I do not like violence, but come on, who doesn't want to do this?

24. Shot a flaming arrow through a ring
Maybe even lighting the Olympic torch, but I'm not picky.

25. Solve a mystery
I really liked "Murder, She Wrote" growing up. Seems like a pretty cool gig.

So there you have it. 25 things I want to do. These are sure to change and hopefully I'll be able to cross some off over time. Let me know if you want to join in on any of them, I know Amy is already on board for a couple :)

4 comments:

Nabi318 said...

my mom would be happy to teach you how to make really good hyderabadi biryani (its the best kind). come to chicago soon!!

And I'm down for skydiving. And the climbing a mountain in africa thing...im guessing it would be kilmanjaro?

Unknown said...

All you have to do to solve all of this is marry a desi.

Either he's a doctor or an engineer--in either case you're loaded and can travel and surf all you want. (You can probably even bribe someone to let you on the Price is Right)

Also, his mother can teach you how to cook biryanni or whatever else.

Case solved and a job well done.

Unknown said...

I will do all of these things of because apparently I'm one of those people you can have around all the time....well, I wish it at least!

Unknown said...

Why the hell does it say Nick? This is freakin Zairah Baig!