Thursday, November 12, 2009

I am so complex, I can be summed up in 25 fun facts

I wrote this last February while I was living in NYC and its pretty much the same now as it was before. I've added notes however that are marked with an * now that I'm back in the Midwest. Even though it was one of those stupid facebook things, it is mildly entertaining, at least to me, and it does a good job of summing me up (if that's a word, summing) :)

1. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the rest of my life, but if I could, I would run a charity. (*Please hire me if you run one)

2. I'm lactose-intolerant but I eat ice cream and cereal with regular milk all the time. I would rather have an upset stomach than give up ice cream or drink that soy crap. (*I will use that soy crap for cereal however as my sister only used it in NYC)

3. I have an irrational fear of zombies. I can't stand to see them in movies and if I do, I'll have nightmares about them for weeks. (*Even if it's a comedy or cartoons. I got scared from Shaun of the Dead and will not, I repeat, will not see Zombieland)

4. I once got an airplane full of people clapping at 6am. A lady gave a presentation welcoming us aboard a funjet flight and I was extremely tired so I started clapping when she finished. The clapping caught on with the passengers around me and soon everyone was clapping for this woman. (*I thoroughly entertain myself)

5. I'd like to be like Angelina Jolie and adopt kids from all over the world someday (but without that freaky past that she has) (*Still my hope, although maybe I'll have one of my own)

6. I'm shy but I like to be the center of attention. An odd combination I know. (*I'm becoming less shy, uh oh, that's trouble for everyone else but as long as Zairah is my best friend...)

7. I am a horrible dancer. (*Still true, I've probably even gotten worse since I first wrote this)

8. I cry at everything including: movies with happy/sad endings, commercials, people doing the impossible, Dick Clark kissing his wife on New Year's Eve (*Seriously, I sobbed after they kissed, it was soo sweet, especially because he's so old)

9. I would love to travel the world and learn every language there is to know (I get a secret high when I understand what people are saying and they don't think I do). (*FYI - I'm proud to be a gori)

10. Working in retail has taught me that people are horrible. (*Okay, maybe not horrible, but honestly, always be nice to service people)

11. I obsess a little too much over poorly written teen dramas on the CW. (*Teen dramas are best when the actors look like and are, actually 30+ years old)

12. I love to watch "SVU" and "Criminal Minds" and any other crime drama right before bed even though they make me extremely paranoid. (*Not really feeling SVU these days but have gone to a lighter fare with "Bones" - they have a realistic(ish) Muslim character!)

13. I'm pretty sure I suffer from a mild case of OCD. I have to check that the front door is locked and chained at least three times before I can go to bed. (Of course this could be a result of #12 on the list) (*Now I have to make sure the garage door is closed)

14. I have a long torso and that's why I'm tall. My legs aren't actually very long. (*Hasn't changed)

15. I'm obsessed with "How I Met Your Mother" and honestly think it is one of the funniest shows on television. Its impossible to go wrong with NPH. (*Legen - wait for it - dary)

16. I dislike the word "moist." (*Seriously, who invented that word?!?)

17. I love bookstores and have a bad habit of buying books and not reading them. (*I found a gift card for B&N for $2.18 - That should justify a $40 purchase for me)

18. I sat front row at a Backstreet Boys concert in 7th grade and thought it was the coolest thing ever that I saw Nick Carter blow his nose off stage. (*They were like the Jonas Bros of my day)

19. I got so scared during "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" that I had to leave the room. Blood and guts creep me out big time. (If you ever watched a horror film with me, you'd notice that I only watch about 10 % of the film, during the rest of it, I cover my eyes) (*I think I saw about 20% of High Tension, then 0% of the next horror movie we watched, negating any progress I made)

20. I love being from Wisconsin and get really excited when references are made to the great state in movies and television. (*Seriously everywhere, although they rarely actually show the state)

21. At the very least, I believe in karma. I try to be nice everyone because you never know when it'll come back around. (*Still believe it's important to be nice to everyone)

22. I love being in pictures but I hate being filmed. There's something about hearing my own voice that I don't enjoy. (*Unfortunately, according to Nabeela, I am hideously ugly, so now my goal is to ruin all pictures :P (wow "P" is odd in this font but that is a smiley sticking out its tongue))

23. I refuse to eat at Yummy Buffet. I have been inside the restaurant (if you can even call it that) 3 times and all 3 times I have managed to talk my way out of eating there. (*Yummy Buffet has since closed down - I win)

24. I cannot stand the opening to the song "Baby Got Back." You'd hate it too if your name were Becky. (*I also hate the song "Becky," don't listen to it, it's vulgar, thanks Zaynab)

25. I miss my family and friends every day but I am really starting to enjoy living in NYC. I still get really excited when I see the city skyline as I'm riding the train. (*I'm obviously not in NYC right now, but I miss it and my friends there. I look forward to coming back)

1 comment:

Imad S said...

Bones made me want to be a better Muslim.